Diagnosis: Hallmark Life Infiltration

          Hallmark has a way of producing shows that are so good, and so addicting, that you find yourself thinking about them constantly and doing and buying things simply because they are somehow related to them. I like to call this phenomenon: Hallmark Life Infiltration. It’s one of the most positive diagnoses you will ever receive and one of the best problems you will ever have.
          For the majority of Hallmarkies, the diagnosis came after they got addicted to Hallmark’s hit original series When Calls the Heart. About to premiere on its eighth season, it is by far Hallmark Channel’s most popular show. It has become so popular, in fact, that there are “Hearties” reunions every year where fans travel from all over the world to meet other Hearties and the show’s cast.
          For me, the diagnosis came after I became addicted to the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries series Signed Sealed Delivered. I watched the pilot movie and was immediately hooked on it, but I didn’t know at the time that it was the first installment of a former Hallmark TV series that turned into one of their movie series. When I discovered one of the later movies a few years later, I was sucked in once again, and finally realized it was part of a series. I binged all the movies I could possibly find for free, I started speaking like the characters, and every decision I made was influenced by details from the show. Normally, you might say I had a problem. A major problem. But it’s Hallmark. Hallmark is all about positivity and being uplifting. I think almost everyone would agree that out of everything I could’ve been watching, Hallmark is far from the worst.
          Fans of Signed Sealed Delivered (SSD) are called POstables because the four main characters work at a Denver USPS post office in the dead letter office. I joined Twitter not too long after I rediscovered the show (for a completely unrelated reason) but lucky for me, I happened upon a whole digital community of POstables who are just like me - completely obsessed with and addicted to SSD! We are proud of it though because the show is so unique, uplifting, and inspiring! It truly couldn’t have more positive messages in it. Tons of the POstables I have connected with (including a few I’ve even had the privilege of meeting in person) can testify to the fact that it’s almost impossible to love SSD and not let that love takeover everything you do. They have bought, cooked, crafted, and just plain designed and created so many things simply because they were related to SSD. While I can’t show you all of the wonderfully cool things that have been born out of SSD inspiration, I can show you how my obsession... I mean my love... for SSD has infiltrated my life. 

Here is a photo gallery (in the form of a video because it is complete with music and captions too) that showcases all the things I have bought or been gifted simply because they were somehow related to SSD.

I give you: How Hallmark Personally Infiltrated My Life Through SSD







Comments

  1. This was wonderful. Yes so many joyful memories of this wonderful show. It is the best ever! God bless you and all our other POstables as we wait for our next episode. And wait. And wait. Thanks for this article. I so enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and for these incredibly kind words Gram! Hoping that new SSD will get here soon!

      Delete
  2. I love this, Brenna!! So true!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Brenna!! So true!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Paula! Much love to you!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really watch Hallmark's tv shows but I used to be addicted to the Christmas movies. I remember as a kid watching them with my mom and aunt. Instead of homework i would sit infront of the tv watching them for hours. Watching their movies are comforting like you say. Also, I love the catchy tittle.

      Delete
    2. Anna I know so many people that have found Hallmark because of its Christmas movies! Those are what they are known for and they truly are some of the most comforting things on TV! Also, thank you for the compliment on my title! 😊

      Delete
  5. This post was so amazing! I personality love hallmark movies too and loved the perspective you gave on it. Your video of all your gifted things was so cool. It is so interesting how shows and characters can truly impact our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very accurate. Thank you for putting into words the feelings of all of us POstables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Debra! I’m happy to be a voice for POstables anytime I can!

      Delete
  7. LOVED the video!! Lots of great gift ideas & inspiration for my family, who are also fellow POstables. Love from Florida 💞📬💌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That makes me so happy to hear!

      Delete

Post a Comment